Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Home Blood Collection Devices market, 2021-2030” report to its list of offerings.
The inherent challenges associated with collection of blood samples at lab, such as use of invasive methods, high cost and time intensive nature of the process, have paved the way for the adoption of at-home blood collection and micro sampling devices. These devices are now being adopted by various CROs and diagnostic labs located across the globe owing to their various advantages.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit
Key Market Insights
Close to 40% companies were established, during the period 2010 - 2014
The current market landscape is dominated by small players, which constitute 58% of the total number of stakeholders. Of these, over 50% of the companies are based in North America. Further, more than 30 firms claim to have marketed devices in their respective portfolios.
More than 50% devices are designed for blood sampling
The market features a number of devices that can collect all types of samples, such as whole capillary blood, serum, tears, cerebral spinal fluid, plasma, urine, synovial fluid, saliva. Further, majority of devices (85%) employ the fingerstick method for collection of samples, in the range of 50-100 microliters.
Patents filed for at-home blood collection and micro sampling devices, grew at a CAGR of 11%
Of the total, around 60% of the patents were applications, followed by those that have been granted approval. It is worth mentioning that, specifically, the contribution of industry players in the overall patent filing activity has increased at a considerable pace (17%), during the period 2016-2020.
Partnership activity in this market has increased at a CAGR of 58%, during the period 2016-2021
Majority of the agreements (35%) were focused on market expansion, followed by those signed for diagnostic testing (24%) and service portfolio expansion (17%). Most of the partnerships signed within this domain were intracontinental (23) deals, primarily inked between companies based in North America and Europe.
Nearly USD 650 million has been invested by both public and private investors in this domain
Funding activity in this domain has increased at a CAGR of 12%, during the period 2015-2020. Over 60% of the total amount invested was raised through venture funding rounds. Further, most of the funding instances were focused on business development.
At present devices collecting dried samples capture 71 % of the market share
Currently, North America and Europe represent more than 65% share of the overall market. It is also worth mentioning that the market in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at a relatively faster pace, over the next decade.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in the development of at-home self-blood collection and micro sampling devices?
- Which at-home self-blood collection and micro sampling devices are most popular in the market?
- Which partnership models are commonly being adopted by stakeholders in this industry?
- Who are the key investors that have actively made investments in this domain?
- How is the intellectual property landscape in this field likely to evolve in the foreseen future?
- What is the relative competitiveness of different at-home blood collection and micro sampling devices?
- What is the cost saving potential associated with the use of at-home blood collection and micro sampling devices?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The financial opportunity associated with at-home blood collection and micro sampling devices market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Blood Sample State
- Dried blood sample
- Liquid blood sample
- Method of Sample Collection
- Fingerstick method
- Push-button method
- Area of Application
- Geographical Regions
- North America
The research includes detailed profiles of companies (listed below) engaged in this domain; each profile features an overview of the developer, details related to its financial information (if available), device portfolio, recent developments, and an informed future outlook.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Spot On Sciences
- Weavr Health
- YourBio Health
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Teleradiology Services: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Telemedicine Tools and Software Providers Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Global Pharmaceutical Vials Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Large Volume Wearable Injectors Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at email@example.com
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
Twitter - https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis
Medium - https://medium.com/@RootsAnalysis